evangalist non resident indians

i recently was on a conference interview call with the manager of a mid sized IT company in india for a project at work. he put a very interesting point forward while talking about the future of indian IT. he said that the indians in the US who have settled there for many many years and reached the top positions in various companies have helped the cause of Indian IT in the USA. they are the ones who created a positive brand image of India and Indian IT in their respective organizations and brought their companies to look for outsourced work to India.

I always used to think (even while I was away from India in the US) that all the Indians who stay in the US including me are being traitors to the home country. Of course, I have to confess that one would get to see a lot of patriotism towards India from the Indians in the US. You should see NRI's talking about India and the growth in the country, they would get really passionate. They would also try and celebrate all festivals with much more enthusiasm that Indians in India would do.

It's only when I heard that statement on the call today, did I realize that Indians living outside of India have actually played a huge role in setting pace for the country to be a developed country. That, I think, is really commendable.

Comments

Sumita said…
Very true Saurabh. I guess when you're away from your homeland, you do more to cling to it and try to give back as much as you can. In my experience, there is a mixed bag of people along all shades of the spectrum as far as their "Indian-ness" But I have to agree that the promotion of Indians in the IT field can be attributed to some extent on the many many people who came to the US in the past 30 years or so and made it big in Silicon Valley. And many of them have been responsible for the IT boom back home.

Popular posts from this blog

i love the radio

monsoon's here

fascination for free food